As an introduction, we make a beta version of the optional software available for free to anyone who now purchases a MusTec HD (Dynamometer). You will be notified via your e-mail address with a link from where you can download this software. Only for PCs with Windows 7 or 10 as well as Macs from mid-2013.
MusTec Software (temporarily free)
As an introduction, we make the software available for free to anyone who now buys a MusTec HD (Dynamometer). You will be notified via your e-mail address with a link from where you can download this software. The software itself represents a value of more than € 500, -. Depending on the specifications of your PC you will need to purchase a specific “dongle”, BLE 4.0 USB stick, which you can obtain on this site. Only if your PC is equipped with a Low Energy 4.0 Bluetooth connection (see your specification) you do not need to purchase a dongle. A normal Bluetooth 4.0 connection is not a Low Energy connection and you therefore need the dongle. The software has been developed for Windows 7 and 10. Not for Windows 8. The later Mac versions are standard equipped with a Low Energy Bluetooth 4.0 connection.
Although the MusTec HD Dynamometer is designed as a stand-alone assessment tool, the MusTec HD Dynamometer is equipped with a built-in Low Energy Bluetooth 4.0 connection. This allows the practitioner to have access to more information via a wireless and real-time connection with a PC or Mac. (IPad in development). In close collaboration with researchers, clinicians, therapists and technicians, special MusTec software has been developed and the content is supervised by a European university, which means that the quality of the software has been tested for its clinical relevance, among other things.
The Software application guides the practitioner through the measurements, whereby direct feedback is provided by the system with regard to the force development and whereby reports and analyzes can be made and printed at the touch of a button. The software application contains the following components:
- Patient database: The Patient database consists of specific patient data such as Name, address, gender, age, weight, patient number, insurance number, treatment date, practitioner, etc. There is a patient complaints section. A search function enables the practitioner to find an existing patient and the relevant measurements.
- Treatment protocols: More than 50 different treatment protocols of both the Upper and Lower extremities are already included as standard via a pull down menu, each with a short explanation of how to measure correctly. The practitioner or researcher has the option of introducing his own additional treatment protocols as standard.
- Comparison with norm values: For most standard treatment protocols, norm values exist in the literature that take into account, among other things, the age, weight and height of a patient. These norm values can be compared for both the dominant and non-dominant side with the maximum and average peak force delivered by the patient.
- Reports: A wide variety of reports can be produced as standard such as;
1. Reports within a measurement in which, for example, the mean and maximum peak values of the different sides (dominant and non-dominant) can be compared.
2. Reports between measurements where, for example, measurements from different sides, moments or even people can be compared with each other.
3. Progress reports in which, for example, a graph indicates how the development of a selected muscle or muscle group of the patient is progressing.
- Exporting data: Stored patients and measurement data can be exported to other software systems via so-called .cvs files.
- Updates: Software updates will become available regularly, without losing patient information already entered.
- Language: Initially, the MusTec software will be delivered in Dutch and English. With the availability of the major world languages, the MusTec software application will also be released country-specific.
- Data export and Integration: An export function via * .csv files is available where, for example, links are possible with administrative software packages so that the measurement data can be transferred directly into, for example, an alternative patient file or, for example, in a hospital information system.