Although BioFET may be used as a stand-alone device, it is enhanced with software technology. The device can automatically upload measurement data onto a computer 1 via Bluetooth and USB 2 .
At this time, the BioFET software is provided free of charge. Features include, among others:
- Full patient information (i.e., Name, ID number, address, patient number, age, weight, height, gender, affected side, dominant side, and symptoms).
- Information about the therapist.
- 17 standard muscle movements and the option to add custom movements.
- Variable measurement settings for affected side, number of measurements, sequence of measurements (beginning with left or right, or alternating both) and system of measurement (newton’s, pounds or kilograms).
- Measurement results displayed in graphs showing absolute values, averages, deviations, and most importantly, normative values (Andrews and Bohannon).
- Historical data analysis and progress reports, as well as comparisons made of the same or between various patients, displayed in a uniform measurement unit.
- Digital copy-paste functionality and hard copy print capability of all measurements, progress results and comparative analyses.
- Computer download of measurement results 3 .
- Database back up.
- Centralized data sharing of various BioFET stations.
- Automatic and manual language selection to Dutch, English, French, German and Spanish.
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, 10 or above, and MacOS 10.5 or above.
- Requires our specific Bluetooth Low Energy Dongle, which is complimentary and included in the package with every device.
- As spreadsheets in .xml file format.
- Bluetooth Low Energy Dongle (included)
The BioFET software is developed in-house, and we consider it the most complete, flexible, user friendly and professional software available worldwide for hand held dynamometers. It can be downloaded via the button below.